Bollywood celebrities have a special kind of a bond with controversies. It appears as if both of them cannot suffice without each other. There have been several cases in the industry of Bollywood which no one can forget.
Here we have organised a list of the biggest Bollywood evergreen controversies:
- Salman Khan and The Hit and Run Case: On 26 November, 2002, Salman Khan was arrested for rash driving which deeply injured a man sleeping on the footpath. Charges of culpable homicide were filed against him which were dropped later on. The actor was found guilty and was called in court. But, later on, the Supreme Court rejected the case and set the actor free.
2. Sanjay Dutt and his illegal possession of arms: In April 1993, the actor was arrested under the provisions of the Terrorists and Disruptive Activities Act because of being found with arms which had connections with the terrorists. He was released on bail in october 1995 but was re-arrested in december 1995. A series of re-imprisonments, he finally came out on 25 february,2016 after completing his sentence of 5 years imprisonment.
3. Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan: This occurred on 17 July, 2008 on Katrina Kaif’s birthday party where King Khan passed a snide comment on Bhaijaan’s ex-girlfriend Aishwarya Rai Bachachan. Salman Khan being a short-tempered man got angry and there was a war of words between them which continued for a time period of 7 long years in Salman’s sister Arpita Khan’s marriage.
4. Rakhi Sawant and Mika Singh: At his 29th birthday party,singer Mika Singh received a tight slap as a gift from the item girl Rakhi Sawant whom he forcibly kissed in front of the media. Rakhi Sawant being a bold woman took her stand and gave Mika his return gift in front of the cameras in the presence of the public by placing a high intensity slap on the celebrity’s cheeks.
5. Gauhar Khan slapped on stage: While filming for Raw Star, the actress was slapped by an audience member, Akhil Malik. Upon being questioned, he said that the actress wore a very short dress which is not relevant in her religion. He was immediately arrested for the same.