About ninety-nine percent of women complain about their skin getting dry in winters. Cold and dry winter sucks the life out of a silky and smooth skin. Buying lotions and moisturizers for your dry skin is quite costly, but home remedies never come with a price tag!
Following are the top 5 home remedies which will help you hydrate and nourish your dry skin.
1. Olive Oil
Olive Oil contains antioxidants and healthy fatty acids which help to moisturize your skin.
- Add a thin layer of olive oil into your daily moisturizer and then apply the mixture to your skin.
- Apply olive oil to the dry areas of your body about one and a half hour before taking shower.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil, four tablespoons of fine brown sugar, and one tablespoon of honey. Apply this to your dry skin.
Anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of milk help to get rid of a dry and itchy skin. Moreover, milk exfoliates dead skin cells and increases the skin’s ability to retain moisture due to the presence of lactic acid in it.
- Soak a cloth in cold milk and put the cloth on your dry skin for five to seven minutes. Wash off the milk with another cloth soaked in lukewarm water.
- Add a few drops of rose water to four tablespoons of milk and apply it to your dry skin. Take bath with cold water afterward.
Honey has antioxidant, antimicrobial, and humectant properties. It also contains essential minerals and vitamins for the nourishment of the skin.
- Rub honey to your skin and leave it for ten minutes before taking bath.
- Mix beewax, honey and olive oil and apply the mixture to your skin. Leave for two minutes and then take bath.
Yogurt is an excellent skin-hydrating agent. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help to soothe dry and itchy skin. It also contains lactic acid which helps to get rid of germs in the skin.
- Apply yogurt to your dry skin and leave for ten minutes. Then take bath.
- Mix yogurt and mashed papaya. Add few drops of honey and lemon juice to it. Apply this to your skin and leave for ten minutes. Then wash off with cold water.
5. Aloe Vera
The soothing, antiseptic and antifungal properties of Aloe Vera helps combat dry, irritated skin and prevent flaking.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and squeeze the gel of it. Apply this gel to your skin and leave for ten . minute. Then wash with lukewarm water.
Dry skin is uncomfortable and unattractive. Try these home remedies for a shiny and bright skin in winters.
Featured Image Courtesy: healthnews