Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal, after calling an Emergency Cabinet Meeting rolled out a list of measures that the government needs to undertake in order to be able to reduce the air pollution.
The measures include:
- Shutting down of the Badarpur Power Plant for the next Ten days.
- Banning construction activities for next Five days.
- Shutting down schools for next Three days.
- Generators will not be allowed for next Ten days, except for emergency services.
- Banning the burning of leaves.
In the meanwhile, Kejriwal described Delhi as a “Gas Chamber” and has blamed the neighbouring states for burning the crop stubble which is adding to the city’s pollution.
Image Courtesy: journalismprofessor.com, india.blogs.nytimes.com