After getting the glimpse of it at the Paris Motor Show recently, and also at the 2016 Auto Expo and 2015 Tokyo Motor Show, Maruti Suzuki Ignis’ India launch is the most talked about car launch these days.
Maruti Suzuki has planned to launch Ignis early next year, through Nexa range of dealerships across the nation.
Even though Suzuki’s Ignis has already gone on sale in Japan as well as in Europe, India’s Maruti Ignis is expected to be slightly different in terms of style and will sport lesser features than its foreign model.
Here are some of the features which consumers can expect from one of the most awaited car model in India:
- Being called a compact crossover vehicle, it can comfortably seat 4-occupants including the driver.
- The car will be available in two options: a petrol variant that packs in a 1.2-litre engine that delivers 83 bhp and 115 Nm of torque. Its diesel variant would sport a 1.3-litre engine producing 74 bhp power and 190 Nm of peak torque.
- In terms of dimensions, the Ignis is 3679 mm long, 1579 mm high and 1478 mm wide. The car offers big boot space of 267 litres.
- Transmission options will comprise a 5-speed manual and an automatic unit.
- Environmenal friendly “Hybrid” variant is also expected to be launched.
- Suzuki’s 7-inch SmartPlay unit will likely be upgraded with SD navigation and Bluetooth phone integration. The infotainment system will also sport Google Android Auto support along with Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink.
- The car is expected to be priced somewhere between 5 lakh and 7 lakh and would compete with the likes of Ford’s Ecosport and Mahindra TUV 300.