When fashion gets combined with technology, the customer is the one who gets benefit-ted the most. With an option to choose from offline to online retailers, the customer is getting spoiled by choices day by day!! The fashion e-retail market in India is expected to touch US$35 billion by year 2020. Indian Fashion Industry is getting a boost due to the entrance of new players in the markets every now and then.
Myntra and Jabong have been the pioneers of the fashion space online. They faced hurdles initially as people were reluctant to make apparel purchases online but with time, people realized the importance of online fashion market. Off course, factors like deep discounts, easy exchange, cash on delivery etc have played a major role for changing the trend but now people also want to take advantage of options; they can make online purchases from the comfort of their home or office or even while travelling, to place an order for a dress, or an accessory, or shoes or even lingerie.
In fact, Fashion e-retail market is not only limited to purchases now; the latest trend involves renting a dress from the website for a particular occasion, if you don’t want to spend money making the actual purchase. Well, this concept is comparatively new in the online fashion space but it’s gaining momentum.
Let’s go through some fashion e-retail startups that are specializing in a particular aspect and creating a niche for themselves:
- Flyrobe – Mumbai based online rental startup offering ethnic and western outfits for rent. Currently, operating in Mumbai, New Delhi and Ahmedabad only, they deliver your desired outfit at your doorstep within 3 hours of the order and pick it up after 3 days.
- PostFold – PostFold, a Gurgaon based startup, offers apparel which you can wear both to work and after-work parties at really affordable prices by eliminating the middlemen from each step of the product development and integrating latest designs in the garment. PostFold claims that they came with a business model where they would manufacture and style apparel using high quality fabrics and keep the fixed costs low and curate clothes with experienced stylists to get “Desk to Dinner” apparels.
- Wooplr – Started off as a place for sharing fashion photographs, this Bangalore- based startup, tells you what’s trending around you and gives you a platform to share your style statements. So, when its users share their looks in pictures in various outfits, it is showcased to others with details of where to buy – offline or online. Wooplr also sells affordable apparel from the same platform.
- Melorra – As per this Bangalore-based online, fine jewelry brand, its designs are inspired by those trending on the global runway. Its Stylefeed section introduces you to the latest trends in fashion, and the jewelry that goes with them.
- Styletag – It is an online shopping destination that gives you instant access to leading Indian designers and designer brands. So, if you are looking for a designer curated bag or dress whether ethnic or western, then this is the place to be.
- Limeroad – Limeroad’s scrapbook feature, lets its users design and display their style and fashion in a scrapbook, which is then featured on the website. With the sale of the scrapbook look, the users earn a certain percentage of the sale amount.