The Bollywood industry has been evolving for betterment since the beginning. There are at least 2-3 movies per year that really win the hearts of the audience just with their concept. They bring forward the concepts and issues of the society which have been there since long, yet undiscovered. Their concept is quite modern for the audience to grasp, but is brilliant in itself.
Here is a list of 5 such Bollywood movies that came ahead of their time:
- TAARE ZAMEEN PAR: This awesome movie was released in 2007 was one of its kind. You definitely won’t find another movie of its kind. Produced and directed by Aamir Khan, this movie talked about DYSLEXIA which is a problem a child faces while studying. The lead role was played by a 9 year old boy DARHEEL SAFARY in the role of ISHAAN AWASTHI.
- DIL CHAAHTA HAI: One more from the treasure box of Mr. Perfectionist, this movie was about the undying bond of friendship between three friends- SID, AAKASH and SAMEER played by AKSHAYE KHANNA, AAMIR KHAN and SAIF ALI KHAN respectively. The concept and the songs of the movie were well greeted by the audience, especially the younger ones.
- THAT GIRL IN YELLOW BOOTS: ‘That Girl in Yellow Boots’ is a 2011 Indian thriller film by director Anurag Kashyap. The movie stars Kalki Koechlin and Naseeruddin Shah. The film was first screened at the Toronto International Film Festival in September 2010. Later on, it was screened at the Venice Film Festival, followed by several festivals worldwide including the South Asian International Film Festival. This movie is one of its kind and is worth watching.
- SALAAM NAMASTE: Salaam Namaste is a 2005 Romantic comedy directed by Siddharth Anand and produced by Aditya Chopra and Yash Chopra. The film starred SAIF ALI KHAN and PREITY ZINTA. The story is of two young indians who met at a wedding, became friends , decided to move in together and finally broke up.
- MARGARITA WITH A STRAW: This awesome 2014 movie brought to the cinema the sex lives of people with disabilities. Its about Laila, a college girl, who suffered from cerebral palsy. She was wheelchair-bound and on a journey to discover her sexuality and she came out as bisexual. This was something new to Bollywood.